Full Time IBCLC
Breastfeeding Success is seeking a current IBCLC with interest in working with a dynamic and experienced team in the hospital and outpatient setting. The optimal candidate will have flexibility to work at multiple sites across the Seton network possibly including the NICU and in an outpatient setting. Candidate should have the ability to work in a fast paced environment while delivering evidence based and compassionate care.
FLSA status: Salaried – exempt
- Provides lactation care and instruction to breastfeeding mothers and infants. Serves as a lactation-related clinical resource, educator, and mentor.
- Performs initial and on-going assessments of patients’ lactation goals and issues. Instructs and demonstrates proper techniques and promotes the importance of breastfeeding.
- Identifies the need for standard patient teaching plans and assists with their development.
- Acts as a liaison to staff and physicians when addressing needs associated with breastfeeding.
- Conducts all business with professionalism and respect for patients and team members.
- Provides education to students and interns through shadowing and direct mentorship as requested.
- Fully documents each patient encounter, provides care plan to patient and visit summary to appropriate PCP.
- Contributes to the development of data tools to monitor and improve outcomes.
- Protects, promotes and supports human milk use based on evidence based information within the facility and in the community.
- Participates in performance improvement activities, including data collection and assessment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Attends and contributes to staff meetings.
- May be required to be “on-call.”
Complexity of Work:
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Minimum Qualifications Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified Basic BLS Provider specializing in Basic Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified Certification specializing in Lactation credentialed from the International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners (IBLCE).
- HS or Equivalent.
HS or Equivalent is required upon hire or job transfer date. and One (1) year of perinatal related experience or experience with providing lactation support in a clinic or hospital setting is preferred. Provides direct lactation care and instruction to breastfeeding mothers and infants. Serves as a lactation-related clinical resource, educator, and mentor.
- Previous NICU experience preferred.
- Previous outpatient experience preferred.
Competitive salary and full benefits package including health, vision, dental, retirement, STD/LTD, PTO
annual continuing education