Are you ready for your baby’s birth day?
Belly to Birth: Your Childbirth Journey is a 10-hour comprehensive childbirth course that prepares families for the childbirth journey. In this 4-week class, you will learn about preparing for labor and birth and the process of labor and birth itself. There is a lot to know about the physical and logistical side of things, which will be covered. But giving birth is more than physical preparation.
Childbirth is a rite of passage and a time of discovery. It’s great to also get prepared for how to handle some of the ups and downs that might come up during pregnancy, birth, and in postpartum recovery and what that means for our parenting, relationships, and emotional health. Good preparation can help us feel more confident and be able to manage the detours that might come up with more grace and ease.
In this class, we will cover:
- Physiology, anatomy, and the stages of labor.
- How to know you’re in labor.
- When to go to the hospital and what to bring with you.
- Coping strategies to minimize pain, discomfort, and stress. This includes movement and position options, breathing techniques, relaxation methods, and mindfulness.
- Birth options, complications, and decision-making.
- Medical pain coping and available interventions and procedures.
- What to expect at the hospital.
- Cesarean birth
- Postpartum recovery
This class is very comprehensive. If you’re interested in learning more, our Birthing Partner Prep class and What You Should Know about C-sections and VBAC can offer additional information.