Donor Breastmilk Bridge Program
All Ascension Seton hospital now have Donor Expressed Breastmilk (DEBM) instead of formula available for moms who plan to exclusively breastfeed. This value added service has become policy for Ascension Seton.
Criteria for DEBM protocol
- Plan to exclusively breastfeed
- Baby has a medical need for supplementation that mom is not able to provide through regular pumping
- Breastmilk supplement is ordered by the pediatrician
- Mom continues to pump for supplementation at least eight (8) times daily
- Baby is less than five days old (beyond five days, with a prescription from the pediatrician families may be able to purchase donor breastmilk from the Milk Bank.)
All of these excellent services combined can make for a great experience and overall success in achieving your breastfeeding goals. We are so proud to be a part of this collaboration.
Please email us with questions.