Parent and Staff Education for Facilities
Breastfeeding success starts with educated families and providers. The Breastfeeding Success Company (BFS) offers several education and training options to assist facilities in providing evidence-based Parent Education and staff training.
- Associate/Contractor Clinical Lactation Trainings
- Parent Education Program Implementation
- Virtual and In-person Parent Education Classes
BFS is the exclusive provider of Parent Education for all Ascension Central Texas birthing hospitals. All Parent Education classes converted to virtual live formats as of 3/12/2020 in response to COVID-19 physical distancing requirements. Current class offerings include; Childbirth Preparation, Newborn Care, Prenatal Breastfeeding, Postpartum Mental Health, Infant Massage, Infant Safety, Child Development, and Return to Work Pumping. Several free peer support groups are also offered to the community at large.
- 100% of participants reported feeling much more prepared for birth at an Ascension facility.
- 89% of participants reported feeling that the information was easily conveyed using the virtual class format.
For more information about implementing a parent and/or staff education program at your facility call
(512) 808-0237 or use our contact form.