Media contact: email@example.com
For interviews and expertise related to breastfeeding, breastfeeding medicine and lactation consulting.
About Breastfeeding Success Company
Founded in Austin, Texas by Lauren Reyes, IBCLC, RLC and Janet Jones, IBCLC, RLC, Breastfeeding Success Company (BFS) provides trusted professional staffing with International Board Certified Lactation Consultants® (IBCLC) in hospitals, home visits and two clinics located in Central and South Austin. They are the region’s largest lactation services provider serving breastfeeding women and their babies; consulting healthcare providers committed to the highest standards of breastfeeding medicine; and educating employers dedicated to creating mother-friendly worksites with the goal of ensuring the health and well-being of Central Texas babies, mothers and families.
- As of February 2017, a contract with Ascension Seton made BFS the largest lactation services provider in the region.
- As of 2019, BFS serves approximately 13,000 babies per year, 250 per week.
BFS is a member of the International Lactation Consultant Association, United States Lactation Consultant Association, Texas Breastfeeding Coalition and a member of the Central Texas Breastfeeding Coalition.
Learn more about Breastfeeding Success Company (BFS) in the news.
The Case for Breastfeeding & Lactation Support
- Academy of Breastfeeding Medicine – Treatment Protocols to Facilitate Best Practices in Breastfeeding Medicine
- American Academy of Pediatrics – Breastfeeding and the Use of Human Milk
- Baby-Friendly USA – Baby-Friendly Hospital Initiative
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – CDC Guide to Strategies to Support Breastfeeding Mothers and Babies
- Employee Benefit News – The Case for Supporting New Moms at Work
- Mother’s Milk Bank Austin – Research and Resources
- Texas Department of State Health Services – Texas Mother Friendly Worksite Program
- United States Breastfeeding Committee – State Reports on Breastfeeding
While the art of breastfeeding and the science of lactation and human milk holds both thousands of years of maternal wisdom and two recent decades of scientific discovery, the support that women receive before and after childbirth is often inconsistent. Even when they receive support in hospital, mothers may encounter challenges at home or work that they find difficult to resolve, and there may be gaps with follow-up care. This lack of support throughout the entire breastfeeding journey has lead to disturbingly low levels of breastfeeding postpartum even though the American Academy of Pediatrics recommends breastfeeding a year or longer for optimal health. The Breastfeeding Success Company exists to help mothers, healthcare facilities, and employers to remove these barriers so mothers can find their own breastfeeding success. The Breastfeeding Success Company’s mission is to improve the health of mothers and their babies by providing the gold standard of breastfeeding medicine and neonatal dietetics when and where they need it. We aim to make breastfeeding support synonymous with postnatal care for mother and baby by increasing access, delivery and the economics of quality support from International Board Certified Lactation Consultants® (IBCLCs).